An issue is something that is currently harming your project. Managing an issue refers to the whole task of raising, assessing, prioritising and creating action remedies to remove or reduce the impact of the issue on the project. The management of issues is a regular activity throughout the lifecycle of your project.
- Click on the ‘Monitor’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Issues’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add an Issue’ button.
- Add a title for the issue.
- Describe your issue, try to assess the scale of the impact in terms of time, cost, quality or benefits.
- Select the level of severity as high, medium or low - this will help you prioritise which issues to focus on first and also ones to accept if you are resource-constrained.
- Set the appropriate status. Open for a live issue. Resolved for an issue that you successfully resolved. Unresolved for an issue that you were unable to resolve that has now passed and impacted the project.
- Assign an owner – the person best placed to manage this successfully.
- (Optional) check ‘Create another issue’ to repeat the process.
- Click ‘Save’ to save this issue and/or activate the creation of another one.
To update and create remedial actions to manage the status of an issue.
- Click on the Issue.
- Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Make any amends to the text fields and change the owner if appropriate.
- Update the severity field for any changes resulting from remedial actions.
- Update the status field as appropriate.
- Click the 'Save’ button on the top bar to save your changes.
- Create any remedial actions to help resolve the issue (see action process).