A Release is a set of project products created by the project in a defined time period by the project team with their discretion on planning requirements. Typically, releases are determined to optimise project output seeking the early realisation of benefits and feedback from end-users. On Solverboard, the release serves as both the container of work to achieve the release and the Release Review to satisfy that objectives have been met and that the release can be deployed.
Add a Release
- Navigate to your project, click the Plan tab and then click on the relevant stage.
- Click ‘Add a release’.
- Give it a title.
- Set the start and end date
- Set the status as appropriate
- Assign an owner – the person best placed to manage the release successfully.
- Describe the purpose of the release detailing the features and products it will deploy.
- Click the 'Save’ button on the top bar to save your changes.
Add a Work Package
Work is coordinated between the project manager and different team leaders through work packages. Work packages can be focussed on the stage products or a release’s products.
Click the work package button and see this guide to “Adding a Work Package” for more help.
Next: Holding a Release Review