Posting an idea on Solverboard is simple – and there's more than one way to do it.
Create an idea wizard
This is ideal for your first idea on Solverboard to help you step through the process.
Head to the Feed or Ideaboard pages and follow the steps:
- Click the ‘Create an idea’ button
- Give your idea a name
- Provide more detailed information in the description field - this is what others will use to review your idea, so make sure it includes enough detail
- Select your organisation's goals and subgoals that this idea aligns with
- Optionally add a banner image
- Add any relevant files for further information e.g. PDFs, Word documents, spreadsheets etc.
- Click ‘Publish’.
Your idea will then appear on your organisation’s Ideaboard and in your feed. You’ll be notified when anyone follows or comments on your idea and your innovation team will let you know what they think of it when it comes time to assess it!
Once you're accustomed to Solverboard (or straight away if you like), use the plus button in the top right-hand corner of any page to create a new idea.
The panel slides out anywhere so you can quickly create an idea as inspiration hits.
Be sure to click Next on each step to save your progress.
Quick create in list view
If you're a Solverboard power user (or you just like a simplified table view of all of your platform's ideas), you can use the quick create function to add just a title and populate it with more information later on.
It's ideal for adding lots of ideas quickly whilst you're in a meeting or similar so you can capture the ideas from your team as they arise.
To get there,
- Go to Ideas in the left hand menu
- Click List view from the right hand side
- Click the Create an idea link to start.
Pro tip: You can use the Enter key to save your new idea too.