The purpose of the Validation Phase is to assess the test team’s results, evaluations and recommendation to decide whether to graduate the opportunity to an option or launch as a project.
Optionally, the innovation management team may call upon subject matter experts from within the business to bring domain expertise to the validation assessment to support graduation decision making.
- Go to the ‘Validation’ tab.
- Invite subject matter experts to independently assess the test team’s results and recommendations – follow sub-process.
- Experts conduct their review and then score in their area of expertise, being:
- technical feasibility
- customer desirability
- business model viability
- Strategic alignment. Select the goals aligned with this test; this is important as it drives the portfolio analysis. You can select more than one goal but try to be strict and select those only that it positively contributes.
- Categorise the test to innovation type, ambition and horizon 123 to provide further portfolio analysis.
- Capture any additional lessons learned.
- Innovation Manager reviews, closing summary and appraisal. Conduct review, click the edit icon, complete closing summary and recommendation providing the overall score and then save.
- Graduate. Based on the expert review and your appraisal decide whether to graduate this opportunity to an option, project or archive as not viable at this time. Follow sub-process.